WIX Archives

New Server Status (long)

Posted by Scott WRG Editor on Wed Apr 28, 2004 04:00:52 AM

Currently I am working on getting the new server prepped and ready (this involves moving over 50,000 files so it could take awhile). A big change is that in about a week or so the registry will get its own URL (web address) which will be www.warbirdregistry.org. I've also acquired the URL for www.warbirdinformationexchange.org (www.wix.org was taken unfortunately). When this new WIX url goes into effect it will be with some new software. I will let you know how things go and when the new URL's take effect (it takes a few days to have the info travel the world so computers know where it is)

One bad bit of news is that the company I chose to host was one of the only ones that had even a chance of running the current forum software. Unfortunately initial tests show that the software is too old and is not supported. I will continue to look into it but it doesn't bode well. This means two things. The first is that I cannot move the warbirdsresourcegroup.org URL to the new server. To do so would make the forum inaccessible. Thus why I applied for the WIX url. This means that I will have to maintain both hosts for the time being. The good news is that the google ads are successful and generating enough income to allow this (please support our sponsors :) With the Registry moving to the new server it will free up space that will allow the WIX to continue.

Hopefully the new software will be acceptable and we will move the forum to there and phase out this archaic and problematic software we currently use.

So, in summary, the site will be changing greatly in the coming months and if you notice and problems or broken links please e-mail me and I will endeavor to fix them.

Scott

Follow Ups: