WIX Archives

Re: Restoration remains......thanks.

Posted by Stephen C on Thu Apr 29, 2004 07:19:41 PM

In reply top Restoration remains......opinions? posted by Stephen C on Thu Apr 29, 2004 06:56:48 AM

Thankyou for the above posts.

It distresses me greatly to hear that some other restorers are scrapping what they have left. Perhaps this could be because they don't want people to know that their "genuine 100% authentic restoration" isn't exactly that..ie: they don't want people knowing that it has parts of other aeroplanes in it?

My personal view is that everything should be kept and documented, as in future years we won't have anything left to base projects on, and so what is now considered unuseable for anything will one day represent a project to someone that is prepared to put the time and money into it.

I also agree with Mikes comment about building up multiple aircraft if you have the skills to build one, then why not build several, but thats OK as long as you don't have 4 or 6 identities sitting around, then it gets complicated again. This of course raises problems with storage for those that don't have the space.

Regards

Stephen

Follow Ups: