WIX Archives

Wildcat for sale

Posted by Richard Allnutt on Wed Sep 26, 2001 03:05:16 PM

I saw the following ad on the Barnstormers website...

EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR WILDCAT FOR SALE ? FOR SALE!! The Wildcat that has been sitting idle outside of Honiara, Guadalcanal, has been given to me to sell. I am aware of the U.S. laws on salvage, but more aware of 'custom' ownership. If the plane is sold, seller will deliver to wharf at point cruz only. I am a friend of the family that own the aircraft and also a friend of the late Fred Kona. Offers may be submitted to the supplied email address. No Dreamers or Time Wasters please. All transactions will be via a bank/solicitor with a min. 40% deposit paid up front, No Scammers. Only contacts by EMAIL will be answered in first instance. Thank you. Contact Dr. Robert Crawford located Inverell NSW AUSTRALIA. Telephone: 612 0267214063. Fax: same. -- Posted 20 September 2001

Anyone have an idea whether this aircraft could be imported into the US without problems? Since the aircraft has been in museum ownership for several decades, I would have thought that it would work out... afterall, there are many aircraft flying or being restored today in the States that were recovered from wrecksites even in the late eighties. Perhaps it's a scam too, as you can never tell what the export conditions might be from the island it's located on. At any rate, I would be interested to hear what people think, as if the offer is genuine I am sure someone could find a good home for it... it is afterall a significant combat veteran.

Cheers,
Richard

Follow Ups: