WIX Archives

Something for NE based Wixers

Posted by B Darnell on Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:11:10 PM

I saw this on the Classic Jet MB and am forwarding it once again...

Just forwarding this in the hope of helping to preserve these aircraft. Maybe some people here can help:

I know it's an odd request, but, my museum (of which I am Director) has just received seven Vietnam era warbirds... and I'm looking for individuals in the New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, and Northern Virginia areas who have experience working on the following airframes:

OV-1 Mohawk
T-33/P-80 Shooting Star
F-100 Super Sabre
F-101 Voodoo
F-105 Thud
F-4 Phantom
T-28 Trojan

Over the summer, I will be assembling volunteer crews to assist in the recovery of these aircraft. The end goal is to move these aircraft from Aberdeen, Maryland, to Teterboro, NJ, by truck.

If you're interested, contact me at the NJ Aviation Hall of Fame and Museum, 201-288-6344, or via email at: director@njahof.org

The F-4, F-105, F-101, and T-28 schedules have not been finalized yet, but we're hoping to have at least 2 of these aircraft moved in addition to the Mohawk, T-33, and F-100.

I need serious recovery crews who can turn wrenches, and know the aircraft. Sorry, but I can't have guys standing around telling war-stories and drinking coffee. Since the aircraft are located on a restricted area on an active US Army post, you will be required to provide photo ID and Social Security numbers.

Kinda figured if there's guys out there modeling these things, then there's guys out there who worked on them...

And yes, I will be photographing every nut and bolt of every aircraft we recover.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff Herne
Director, NJAHOF
www.njahof.org

This original message was posted on 13 Apr 04. Here is the original post with pictures. http://www.finescale.com/fsm/community/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18655

Follow Ups: