WIX Archives

I Agree Brad, I Just Got Back From There....

Posted by Steven M Dennis on Fri Apr 16, 2004 08:49:10 AM

In reply top The website does leave a lot to be desired.... posted by Brad on Thu Apr 15, 2004 07:52:49 PM

....And it is EXTREMELY clean, and a very nice collection. I took photos of every aircraft in the museum as well as all of the visiting stuff for their "Warbird Weekend", a very nice laid back event where they pull out the planes and fly them for the crowd. So if there is someone who wants to see a particular plane that they have let me know.

One interesting thing I saw there, in addition to the two flying P-47's was the hulk of another Jug that has been retrieved from the South-Pacific where it has been buried in the dirt since the war. Would love to find the I.D. on this one. Now I am wondering if this airframe (or what is left of it) is in ADDITION to the three that were recovered from over there and are in Rialto, (of which I believe Neal Melton purchased one) or if this is the one of the three that he bought.

If anyone knows anything about this hulk, or would like to see photos, let me know, and I'll e-mail them over.

Have a GREAT weekend everybody!

Steve :o)

Follow Ups: