WIX Archives

Re: I got in Trouble...!!!

Posted by Tim Savage on Tue Mar 02, 2004 09:03:15 PM

In reply top I got in Trouble...!!! posted by Mint on Tue Mar 02, 2004 06:53:05 PM

Mint-

I am sure your apology will be accepted by the members of the forum. However, I personally was surprised at the vitriol that came forth in those threads about the YAF show.

The guys that put on the YAF show are doing a remarkable job. In my opinion they are certainly putting on one of the premier warbird shows in the country, certainly in the eastern portion of the country. I also count the guys who put their effort into the show as personal friends, so I found it particularly offensive.

I think you were way off in your comments about the participants being "PC jockeys." I have found that many of the "lurkers" in this forum are owners or operators of warbirds. They may not be the most prolific posters, but they are here, nonetheless. I am hopeful for your sake that you are able to overcome the black cloud that you have placed over your head by your comments on this board. We all need to be working together for the common good and promotion of the warbird movement. I am sure that in future years the YAF guys will include the POF airplanes in their lineup, when it fits there them for the year. As you can see most of the airplanes they have lined up are Navy, which certianly you can see does not fit the P-38 and P-40 theme.

I wish you the best in your endeavors, Mint.

Follow Ups: