WIX Archives

Re: germaine greer?

Posted by steve on Wed Mar 03, 2004 08:39:23 PM

In reply top germaine greer? posted by bdk on Wed Mar 03, 2004 07:26:31 PM

Germaine Greer, australian, notable for her involvemnt with the feminist movement. Lectures and writes amongst other things now, she lives near Duxford and has said some pretty slandarous things about Duxford in the Daily Telegraph (stunt flying comments etc) Pretty much all of her comments she has made come from ignorance and her hatred of the noise caused by the aircraft over her house.

anyhow :)............my comments about the British Airshow scene was more in reference to crowd safety (should have made that clear ), its been many years since a crowd member was killed as a result of a warbird crash. As for the number of aviators killed, it hasnt been a good few years but the pilots know the risks and they choose to accept that risk. Sadly unfortunate accidents but the regulations regard crowd safety in the uk are truly excellent.

I personnaly would love to fly with Ray Hanna at that height in a two seater spit as i would accept the risk. That kind of flight would be no danger except to the occupants of the aircraft and the grass runway but the flight in the video was not. I dont think the 'buffer' was sufficient. Mr Hanna cant take into account what those on the ground are going to do. Who knows what circumstances could have occurred.

best regards

Follow Ups: