WIX Archives

Ottawa WIX Meet - March 20th

Posted by Mike Henniger on Tue Feb 24, 2004 01:22:32 PM

I just wanted to review who was intending to meet at the CAvM on the 20th. I know I will be there, but there was also...

Steve Tournay
Eric Dumigan
Andrew Semon (a WIX lurker in the non-derogotory sense)
Ollie Lacombe

...Would anyone else like to join us? If you are interested please post. Ottawa is only about 1 hour from the closes New York boarder crossing. Any Americans interested in heading north that weekend?

As for the agenda I am sure it will involving hanger flying, shooting the bull, strolling by the CAvM collections, and telling lies. Any other ideas for the agenda?

Perhaps we could bring photos albums to pass around to share our best shots from summers before. Steve mentioned the possiblity of bringing slides along for a show.

Now... should our meeting involve... well... beverages? I assume we would be at the museum the entire day, so maybe it could include a dinner meet with... beverages. Location suggestion? There is a Lone Star close by. There is also an interesting restaurant in central Ottawa which is a home to the local Elvis spotting society. Sounds weird? Well maybe, but the atmosphere is like a large diner, and they make great pizza and of course serve... beverages.

Are people planning to stay overnight on the Friday or Saturday night?

Looking forward to interested parties checking in.

Mike

Follow Ups: