WIX Archives

Cees - wreck info & RCAF Ops Books - efile going up on Tues

Posted by Lee Walsh on Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:34:51 AM

Cees:

Having some trouble finding some of the papers the DND sent me about ex-RCAF material etc(finding and selling of it). As well I have finished the booklet on RCAF Operational Records Books. The DND sent me a hard copy of this document years ago and decided to enter the 21st century and convert it to a universal PDF. I should have these documents on my MSN site on Tuesday. Just found these files on my hard drive at 2 am this morning!

As well I was asking around about exporting goodies out of the Country. I recalled a recent joke/scandal that just recently unfolded over the winter. It involves a Puss Moth that was here in Canada and the owner was trying to sell the aircraft. It appears the owner (not entirely sure) applied with Heritage Canada and who in turned contacted the museum that I work at. This individual, who remains to be unnamed, signed off on a document that cleared the export of a Puss Moth to England, all this with NO knowledge about aircraft let alone any research on the history of it. Heritage Canada (who NEVER contacted the Toronto Aerospace Museum) then cleared the item for export. As for the Bollies you were interested in, you may have to apply with Heritage Canada and then in turn will review the application for export. They may contact a local museum official to oversee the historical value of the object. With so many of these things kicking around they have some, but little value. That is if the CWM keeps torching them!

I will post a follow up on Tuesday. As well I will keep you posted on any info on Exports. Speaking with some of these people this week in hopes of not letting the same thing happen again with respects to the Puss Moth scandal.

Lee
Toronto

Follow Ups: