WIX Archives

Re: Offense taken...Wow this site has changed! Bye guys

Posted by Steve T on Thu Feb 19, 2004 08:56:14 PM

In reply top Offense taken...Wow this site has changed! Bye guys posted by Karen on Thu Feb 19, 2004 06:44:11 PM

Karen--

Please do not let one adverse comment skew your view of all of us who frequent WIX...I notice that the post that upset you was the second of two responses, and the first one
was of thanks for your original post. Sure, your post did not deal with P-51s or Spitfires; but on at least two levels I can see connections between our passion for old military aircraft and the Littleton gentleman's statements. Warbird enthusiasts are sometimes viewed as though we were "war" enthusiasts--much as the many completely law-abiding gun owners (of whom my boss is one) get tarred with a brush that rightly applies to only the few. But the gentleman who made the speech raises a central point, that it's the human heart of darkness--sometimes out of hand--that caused Columbine...just as surely as it caused World War II. The other connection I see is that WWII (et al) was fought and won with courage; and it must have taken quite a mustering of that quality for the Littleton gent to say what he said to whom he said it. (Which, now, includes a group of WIXers who might not otherwise have been challenged to think such thoughts this evening!)

All that to say that I hope you stay; but if you decide to depart, the WIX group I'm familiar with will miss you (as we did before when you were "off board" for a time) but respect your decision to go.

Blue skies

Steve T

: Scott,
:
: Please remove my picture, and the pictures of Dean's p
: lane. I do not want them there anymore.
: Thanks so much!
: Karen

Follow Ups: