WIX Archives

Get your P-40 project to Miami and I'll ...

Posted by Chris Livingston on Wed Sep 05, 2001 12:05:49 PM

In reply top P-40s posted by Graham Orphan on Wed Sep 05, 2001 11:15:33 AM

Hi Graham, good to hear from you,

I can't explain, or understand, why more serious inquirers weren't interested in your P-40. I agree this airplane is vastly underrated and that it contributed far more to the war effort than the glamor gals. As a sport plane, it's more economical, or less uneconomical, than say a P-51 or Corsair.

I might be able to help in my own small way. I am an A&P (UK = LAE, I think) and pilot, and I have a standing offer to anyone with a warbird project but who is short on skills: Get your single-engine, or possibly twin, project and all parts and materials to Miami, and provide us a workshop with the necessary equipment, and I'll do all the work you want for no money, in return for a negotiable equity stake in the finished product, and we both have equal rights to fly it, each at his own expense, after a checkout satisfactory to the insurance company. I am particularly interested in Japanese projects.

I'm a frequent visitor to the ClassicWings site and I see you have a number of fixer-uppers for sale, so if someone from South Florida approaches you, now you have somewhere to send them.

Not only Graham, but any interested and qualified parties are welcome to contact me off board.

Follow Ups: