WIX Archives

Re: Which Magazines....?????

Posted by Graham Orphan on Sun Sep 09, 2001 08:10:43 AM

Thanks for your kind comments Dave regarding Classic Wings magazine and since this is 'my baby' I feel I should make comment. This publication commenced 8 1/2 years ago with the sole purpose of promoting interest in the recovery, restoration and flying of vintage and warbird aircraft and where we can, to help those keen to get involved to find their way to the other side of the airport fence. I felt that since I am privileged to be an owner/restorer/pilot of antiquated aerial devices, I could perhaps give a better insight into our industry than those not so closely involved. If from this platform I could play some small part in helping grow the movement, then that would be worth the effort. Needless to say I have a strong empathy with Paul Coggan since I know just how bloody hard it is to get something like this off the ground and keep it aloft. The only guarantee that such publications will continue to serve the interests of enthusiasts is via subscription and we've kept these very low to make it easier for people to get the magazine without breaking their wallets. Most people at this forum are former Warbirds Worldwide readers. If anyone here doesn't know Classic Wings and would like to see a free sample copy, do please get in touch and I'll be happy to send one along to you. It may not take the place of Paul's wonderful magazine, but may serve as a small consolation. Cheers, Graham

Follow Ups: