WIX Archives

Deserving Warbird Wrecks

Posted by Graham Orphan on Sat Sep 08, 2001 10:59:15 AM

I get a real kick out of seeing the various wrecks discovered around the planet and can see the potential there to bring many tired old warbirds back to life so they can be seen and enjoyed by us all at future airshows. I wonder though if we have enough good homes for them all assuming it was possible to find the will, the permission and someone to meet the high cost of recovery. The real question I guess is, are there enough dedicated owners and restorers out there prepared to make good homes for these deserving machines? How many people who contribute to this column or who just read the tidbits are actually involved in restoration work? I'd like to see as many people as possible involved in this activity so as to maximise the number of good homes for the aircraft. It seems to me that despite the huge growth in vintage/warbird restoration activity over the last decade or two, we could still use many more people prepared to commit their time, funds and energy to this activity - it need not be the preserve of the shamefully wealthy. One more thing - and please excuse the ignorance - Tony, what the Hell does 'LOL' mean????
Cheers,Graham

Follow Ups: